Now it is more important than ever to help out your local community. There are so many small businesses that were forced to shut their doors during the COVID crisis that are now coming open again. During the down time all the largest businesses and retailers were able to capture online sales, stay open, get stimulus, and other things that kept their companies running. Now the small businesses are reopening and trying to figure out how to make it work. Here are some simple suggestions to help your local community grow.
- Tag local businesses in a post after getting a meal and show all your network they are open.
- Think local the next time you go to jump on Amazon and find a local shop that can help.
- When you see a local business post then share their post.
- Find local businesses pages and make sure to Like them.
- Ask a local business if there is anything you can do to help them reopen.
- Take a picture of a place of business showing it busy and share it.
- When you hear people talking about buying something, refer them to a business locally.
- Write online reviews that you have been meaning to leave.
- When shopping locally, order or buy a few extra things you have been holding off on.
- Make sure to treat the staff with respect, they are doing their best to keep us working and safe.
COVID was a challenging time for everyone especially those of us who are self-employed. Let’s work as a community to make sure the same great memories we had as kids are available to our future generations. While we all love products from big brands it is the local mom and pop shops that make America the great country it is. If you put these ten items to practice you can help ensure your local community thrives once again. If you enjoyed this blog please check out our Facebook group and Podcast “Homeownership”. Please leave any questions, comments, or concerns in the comment bar below.